RFC on UX surveys on the session preference UI

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:19:53 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I've designed an online survey and an online task for Xfce users that
both focus on the user experience of XDG Autostart and session
resuming on Xfce. Those surveys should hopefully help me understand
whether users use the session saving feature and whether they
understand how it works, but also if the xfce4-settings-preference UI
is efficient. If I do identify issues, I'll build up alternative
designs based on the collected data and test them with a few users.

I'd just like to ask for comments at this stage. Is there anything you
think is confusing or generally suboptimal about these two documents?
If I receive more positive than negative opinions, I'll send another
mail a bit later asking for publicity.

Survey on login habits and session handling: http://goo.gl/forms/8v3GWPGJm3
Online task on managing autostart apps: http://goo.gl/forms/urhwa96NrJ

Steve Dodier-Lazaro