RFC: Add keyboard backlight brightness handling to power-manager

Raphael Groner projects.rg at smart.ms
Thu Mar 27 22:40:10 CET 2014

Hi,

I am considering xfpm as dead. Since there's support directly in
systemd and xfce 4.11/4.12 is on the way to get stable, everyone should
be realistic and think about to migrate.

Multimedia keys and the like can be handled via keyboard shortcuts
configuration. Don't let xfpm become a complex projects, please! The
source looks currently very ugly and needs really some love, first step
should be a heavy refactoring.

No ranting, but just my 5ct.

~ Raphael