Request for comments on security of authentication/authorisation UIs

Carlos Silva r3pek at r3pek.org
Thu Mar 27 02:13:04 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Alistair Buxton <a.j.buxton at gmail.com>wrote:

> DEs should be able but not required to provide their own configuration
> UI - this should be a reusable component like any other, and it should
> work in any compositor regardless of which toolkit it uses.

I agree with you. This should really be DE independent. I can see it in
some place like kdbus with some interface that if an application shares an
API with some requirements, kdbus should enforce them. Compositors/DE's can
in this case register some kind of callback to when kdbus need user
authorization/authentication and then just provide the necessary UI.