Request for comments on security of authentication/authorisation UIs

Alistair Buxton a.j.buxton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 21:56:38 CET 2014

Hi,

Xfce is fundamentally incompatible with Wayland due to the restrictive
nature of the API. This means none of the Xfce shell can function
inside any Wayland compositor without being completely rewritten.
Specifically this is because there is no way to make libwnck function
inside any Wayland compositor and no way for Wayland clients to manage
windows (either their own or others). As such the question of how
authorization dialogs function is completely irrelevant at this time.
I don't really understand what you are even asking when you say "what
would fit within the XFCE way of doing things?" - the answer is
currently "anything that involves Wayland will not fit."