switch user with lightdm

Jerry Bond stormyjerry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:21:44 CEST 2014

Hi List --

Not sure if this will interest you, but a couple of people on the Forum
suggested I show you this in case it is of use.

For the point release of MX-14.1.1 released today, we developed a tiny
script to work with lightdm so that a user could easily switch to
another user account without logging out, and then toggle back and
forth.

********************
#!/bin/bash

yad --question --title="User Switching" \
 --text="This tool allows you to switch to a different user without
closing down your current session.

To return to the original user, simply press Ctrl-Alt-F7. Go back again
with Ctrl-Alt-F8.

Do you want to switch to another user?"

if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
dm-tool switch-to-greeter

else
 exit 0

fi
We have that as a menu entry, and also behind the Whisker menu icon. It
is released under GPL 3 if you are interested:

http://www.mepiscommunity.org/doc_mx/mx-switchuser-license.html

Thanks for all you do!

Jerry