Remove another "paper cut"?

PK pliniusminor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 12:17:16 CET 2014

Hello,

In the logout dialog of xfce4-session, you can check the option "Save
session for future logins".

I think it would be better if that option would disappear from the logout
dialog. Because it often causes some confusion and (minor) problems for
inexperienced Xfce users. It's not an important usability bug, but still a
"paper cut".

Inexperienced users often check that option (or leave it checked, because
some distro's ship Xfce with this option enabled by default), without
knowing what it means and what it's good for.

And then they ask for help on the forums, because every time they log in,
all kinds of applications are being launched automatically....

So I think it would be a good idea to remove this option from the logout
dialog. In my experience, saving a session is rarely ever useful at all.
And you can still enable saving a session by the settings manager.

What do you think?

Regards, Pjotr.