List of push and release rights for core/apps/goodies

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:18:08 CET 2014

Nick,

I see this more as "Who should I bump on IRC to ensure bug/patch/web
page X is up to date / acted upon / being watched?", especially for
small fixes or patches that have been tested but not applied yet and
which might be forgotten.

I know I personally find it hard after 5 years of absence to remember
who's responsible for what, and knowing who to chat to is very
helpful. Maybe the people page should be private though?

On 4 December 2014 at 12:39, Nick Schermer <nick at xfce.org> wrote:
> I don't see the point of this.
>
> Personally when people contact the directly (and this happens often)
> for help/bugs/patches etc I either delete the message or point them to
> the mailing lists / bugzilla. I hardly ever reply with an actual
> answer.
>
> With those lists it is obvious personal contact will happen more
> often; something I and a lot of other devs don't want. That is the
> whole reason we always use ml or bugrackers: not only the code but
> also communication is open.
>
> Nick
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Steve Dodier-Lazaro
> <sidnioulz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Would it make sense to have a "MAINTAINERS" file in each git repository.
>>> That needs to be regulary updated though.
>>> Maybe the AUTHORS file was ment to be like this, but maybe it was to
>>> just list all 'authors' of all time.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Trompell
>>
>> Could work if we have a list of "people with write permissions"
>> instead, and afaik this information can already be queried so no need
>> to add a file :-)
>>
>> --
>> Steve Dodier-Lazaro
>> PhD Student