Why not reusing more GNOME components?

Sébastien Wilmet swilmet at gnome.org
Fri Aug 29 16:11:14 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 01:06:36PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> Sounds to me like you're really looking at a problem that GNOME is having,
> rather than a problem that XFCE is having ;)

There are several solutions:
1. Help the maintenance of gnome-panel.
2. Replace gnome-shell by the Xfce panel and create a Gfce configuration.
3. Xfce could use more GNOME modules, like switching from xfconf to
   GSettings, use the gnome power management and other desktop
   management (screen, keyboard, appearance, etc).

Point 3 tends toward point 2. But I don't know if point 2 is feasible.

--
Sébastien