Pushing UI fixes and display blanking

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Fri Aug 1 09:48:54 CEST 2014

Hi Simon,

Am 01.08.2014 09:38, schrieb Simon Steinbeiß:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:55:01 +0200
> Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> Since you did not comment on or object to the following two commits, I
>> will simply cherry-pick them into master, then continue working on the
>> blanking/dpms:
>> http://git.xfce.org/users/hjudt/xfce4-power-manager/commit/?h=ui-fixes&id=e18d9a6f4472d753764feec8ec0faa4f36cbc625
>> http://git.xfce.org/users/hjudt/xfce4-power-manager/commit/?h=ui-fixes&id=4d81ad7d0a5125dde093f0227d674f47d35a66fa
>
> Great, thanks! :)
>
> By the way, I got some interesting feedback today in #xubuntu-devel
> from Sean Davis (bluesabre) who's regularly testing the daily builds of
> xfpm. Seemingly on his laptop he can completely turn off the brightness
> with the slider in the panel-plugin. I can't reproduce that, I guess
> it's a combination of hardware/kernel/driver?
> Do you have any clue if we can (know about this and) prevent that,
> Harald?
>
> Cheers
> Simon

I can turn off the brightness completely too, using the slider or the
brightness keys. It's because the kernel supports this, brightness=0 is
completely dark, that is the backlight is really off. It's also the way
it works when the kernel handles the brightness keys.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'

PGP Key ID: 0xBA3AC516
Fingerprint: 569E 0ADA 440A 8B11 D1A2 AB47 8238 0256 BA3A C516