xfce4-session visible password at login, is it a bug

Sylvain Viart sylvain at opensource-expert.com
Tue Nov 26 10:03:40 CET 2013

Hi,

Sorry if posted twice, I didn't receive it…
May be this mail was filtered somewhere.

I would like to fill a bug report about the login form.
I'm looking for the good component, and would like to discuss before if
it's really a bug…

I think the component is xfce4-session.
I'm using xubuntu 12.10.

Here is the context:

This is this form (do you know a tips to screenshot at this stage? I'm
not logged in)
This on is borrowed from the web.

In some case, easily reproducible, and which happen often to me because
of the laptop touchpad activated, the focus in not in the password
field. A small field in clear text pops somewhat above the password
field and if you type  the password is displayed on the screen.

Pretty annoying…

Regards,
Sylvain.