equake Debian package

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Thu Nov 7 22:18:30 CET 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 11:34 -0800, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> I now have created and uploaded a Debian package for equake to Debian
> mentors:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/xfce4-equake-plugin
>

> You can download it the following way:
>
> dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xfce4-equake-plugin/xfce4-equake-plugin_1.3.3-1.dsc
>

> Since I am not a Debian developer (yet) I filed a request for
> sponsorship as well to get it included in Debian.

Xfce Debian packaging takes place inside the pkg-xfce team
(http://pkg-xfce.alioth.debian.org/). You're welcome to join in case
you're interested to maintain stuff but:

- blindly adding a package without committing to maintain it properly is
a no go: we're already struggling with bug reports we don't correctly
handle
- we're more insterested in fixing bugs in existing packages than adding
new ones (related to point 1)
- I'm not really actually persuaded of the usefulness of the equake
package

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis