4.12 release date

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Mon May 27 12:35:03 CEST 2013

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we had a concrete release date/plan for 4.12, so I wanted to check in with everyone to see where we're heading.

While it's not hugely problematic not to have a clear release date I feel that it's not exactly motivating for anyone to get their stuff done for 4.12. For me personally, there are still a few things I'd like to look at in the display settings and I guess a clear deadline would also be good for other developers, translators and testers as an incentive to work towards *something* (not trying to speek for a silent, secret majority or anything, this is just my guessing or assuming based on my own perspective :)).

It's not very clear anymore where we stand at the moment, what is left to do before a 4.12 release and what will get postponed. The roadmap also seems a bit orphaned in that respect.
It would be nice to get those pages back in shape and a clear direction for the next release.

Oh, and I'm *not* writing to everyone here because I want $latest_release in $distro ASAP, but I hope we can discuss this and find some date towards which to work. At least for me that'd be helpful.

Cheers,
Simon