Xfce FAQ redesign question

Kevin Bowen kevin.bowen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:02:09 CET 2013

Hello all,

Currently, the http://www.xfce.org website has two separate FAQs and I
would like to get feedback on how to make this more streamlined for end
users.

As it exists now, http://docs.xfce.org/faq has only one question
regarding enabling menu acceleration and has no links to the
http://wiki.xfce.org/faq page.

http://wiki.xfce.org/faq contains a question on that topic as well as
questions like how to pronounce Xfce, what the logo means, etc. along
with a number of technical FAQ-type questions.

My questions:
1) Would it be better to merge these into one single document and have
the sites refer to one another? Or...
2) Should the "meta" questions be separated from the technical FAQs and
continue to have two separate FAQs co-exist with pointers to one
another?

I have created a single, "monolithic" FAQ for review here:
http://wiki.xfce.org/playground/syntax

I was hoping to simplify this and would be interested in getting some
feedback from the community before I went and edited the FAQ any
further. I have tried to keep the table of contents manageable while
still highlight some more frequent frequently asked questions. ;-)

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions and I would be glad
to incorporate them into (what I hope are) improvements on the usability
of the Xfce site.

Best regards,
Kevin(aka maggotbrain on IRC)