Contributing to XFCE

alepic alepic at geckoblu.net
Tue Mar 12 11:09:00 CET 2013

Hello,
my name is Alessio Piccoli, I'm Italian and I'm a professional IT developer
(Java).

I would like to contribute to XFCE and as I'm still learning C I will focus
on very easy task.
For the moment I'm concentrating on writing panel plugins, I hope to be
soon able to help fixing small bugs in existing code.

My first effort is a very small panel plugin, just a simple button which
shows the xfce4-session dialog to exit the system, more like the old
Actions plugin of version 4.8 that I think was perfect.

You can find source code here
https://github.com/geckoblu/xfce4-exitbutton-plugin

Is it possible to publish it under
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugin ?