[Xfwm] Hiding titlebar on maximized windows

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 21:45:08 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Jari Rahkonen
<jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
> Doesn't full screen mode (alt+F11) solve this problem?
>
> I wouldn't mind an option in Tweaks to keep the panel(s) visible in full

> screen mode though. That might be useful in situations where full screen
> mode is in constant use.

This eerily recalls two requests of mine over the years:
- http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2006-March/016818.html :
Toggle fullscreen for wokspace windows
This would allow to toggle fullscreen for all open windows in a workspace.
For example, sometimes I am working with two (at most three) applications at
the same time and all of them are in fullscreen mode. It is easy to toggle
the fullscreen separately, for each of them. But a "toggle workspace
fullscreen" action and keybind would be nice (probably this should apply to
the current workspace only).

- http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2009-June/025465.html :
auto-(un)hide all panels at once
This would allow to use a toggle command that could set at once the
autohide property to all
panels, and that would unset the property. I would want to be
able with one key combination to autohide all panels, and with another
one (or perhaps the same, if a toggle-like behaviour can be achieved)
to un-autohide them. I know that this can be done panel by panel, with
some mouse clicks, but this is cumbersome when one has, say, three
panels. I would suspect that this can be done with xfconf, but I
wouldn't know how to.

Either way, some sort of Fullscreen Mode in Xfce would  be useful , in
which the user is expected to only use alt+tab and ctrl+f# to switch
between windows and desktops. This would be very useful when working,
and needing to optimize screen estate and minimize unnecessary
distractions.

Regards,
Liviu