xfce-bluetooth

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:05:56 CEST 2013

Dear Natanael,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa at alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> So far I have a preferences dialog with:
>  - power enable/disable
>  - discoverable enable/disable
>  - a list of devices
>
> Screenshot:
> http://imgur.com/1iTsEK9

Looks very promising.

When using Blueman, I usually rely on the following features (in
addition to those listed above):
- discoverable should be enabled temporarily for x seconds (60 or 120
or user specified, with 0 being always visible)
- "powered" seems confusing to me as a user; I'm more used to "Turn
bluetooth on/off". Maybe you could add a tooltip (if not already
there) to indicate "Check to turn on bluetooth device".
- a systray icon
- I _always_ appreciate when the bluetooth manager allows me to turn
bluetooth off at startup. So when starting up Xfce and firing up the
manager to the systray, if the option is enabled then the Bluetooth
device will be switched off. I'm no security expert, but I perceive
the Bluetooth thingy turned on as a security concern and I'd rather it
be explicitly turned off unless when I actually use it.
- the few times I use bluetooth, I usually do so to connect my phone:
either to send files to it, or to receive files from there. Some sort
of facilities for this (default save folder, etc.) would be useful.

Thanks for working on this. Regards,
Liviu