Patch for xflock4 lightdm compatibility

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Sat Jul 13 12:05:09 CEST 2013

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 02:27:48 -0400
Hector E <ninjahector.escobedo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to submit a simple patch which I have found will enable
> lightdm users to lock their desktops without xscreensaver. It doesn't
> activate a screensaver, per se, but it does lock the screen.
>
> Patchfile attached.

Hi,

I guess at some point xflock4 could be patched for lightdm support, but lightdm itself doesn't *lock* the screen. It only redirects you to a new VT with an unlock dialog, so assuming that your new VT is VT8 you can go back to your unlocked session with Ctrl+Alt+F7.
What xflock4 would have to support is something like light-locker (https://github.com/the-cavalry/light-locker), which really locks your session while using lightdm's greeter as un/lock-screen.
(Patching xflock4 only makes sense as soon as light-locker has seen its first stable release though. Currently we're at 0.1.0)

Cheers,
Simon