Testers needed for xfce4-notifyd

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Sun Apr 21 10:47:19 CEST 2013

On 17/04/13 10:17, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Christian Hesse<list at eworm.de>  on Mon, 2013/04/15 17:21:
>> Other that that everything looks fine I think. Waiting for the release.
>
> Oh, one more thing, though it is not a regression, version 1.2.2 does behave
> the same:
>
> Taken I have a desktop file /etc/xdg/autostart/welcome.desktop that runs
> "notify-send 'Welcome!'" every time I log in. This happens very early, so
> probably xfwm4 and panels are not yet started. Looks like xfce4-notifyd does
> save the position for the first notification, so later on notifications are
> painted above my panel. Any chance to fix that and reposition the
> notifications?

I can't reproduce this, xfce4-notifyd is supposed to catch workarea
changes so if your panel appears it should get the new correct values.

Could build it with --enable-debug=full and file a bug report with the
full log of a session startup and then triggering a notification after
the session is started?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Jérôme