call for testing: xkb-plugin, 4.10_panel_support branch

Igor Slepchin igor.slepchin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 04:00:37 CEST 2013

Folks,

If anyone is still running stock 4.10 (*not* git master) or 4.8, could
you test out xfce4-xkb-plugin code from 4.10_panel_support branch? Since
we cannot make the xkb-plugin's git master available until 4.12 (other
than as a dev release), I pushed a few fixes that do not need the new
xfce4-settings code into the aforementioned branch. In particular, the
code from that branch should play nicer with the new multi-row panels,
use better scaled font sizes for text layout labels, fix a couple of
crashes and, finally, it shouldn't lose its config anymore (or at least
not as often as it used to). Note that it won't work any too well with
xfce4-settings/xfsettingsd from git master.

If this works reasonably well, I'd like to release it alongside the
development version from git master. Is it OK with everyone if I use
0.5.5 as 4.10_panel_support branch release version (intended to be used
with xfce 4.8 and 4.10) and 0.7.0 for the dev release from git master
(xfce 4.11+; Nick suggested bumping that version to 0.7)?

Thanks,
Igor