xfce4-panel / launcher-plugin

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:55:42 CEST 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Nick Schermer <nick at xfce.org> wrote:
> On 2012-09-22 15:26, Andreas Müller wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am thinking of an additional single-instance-option for
>> launcher-panel-plugin. Checking the code I saw that launch is done by
>> xfce_spawn_on_screen. Before following a dead end: Would using
>> xfce_spawn_on_screen_with_child_watch be a solution for this? If yes:
>> Is there some example usage of xfce_spawn_on_screen_with_child_watch
>> around somewhere?
>

> http://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/tree/plugins/thunar-uca/thunar-uca-provider.c#n360
>
> Nick
I spent some time reviewing the code, created new 'nice-to-haves' and
would like to implement the following:

In the first step add additional parameters for exo-open:
   1) --single-instance: If set, exo-open opens applications only once
   2) --maximized: If set applications are opened maximized
   3) --no-decoration: If set windows are opened without decoration

This would give most flexibility because it is configurable, would not
cause API change ( GarconMenu ) and it is fully compatible to current
implementation.

If this is done (currently my gtk+/glib experiences are few), the
second step could be adding these features in GUI
   1) Settings for laumcher
   2) Settings for thunar additional menu

If successful: Would these changes be accepted?

Andreas