xfce4-mixer patchset

Natanael Copa ncopa at alpinelinux.org
Fri Sep 21 21:12:53 CEST 2012

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:44:42 +0200
Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:

> > > a while ago I've done a bit on xfce4-mixer
> I'd still
> appreciate it if people tested the new code, it is now also
> available from the xfce4-mixer repo in the gber/improvements
> branch.

I checked out the branch and built it on Alpine Linux (uclibc instead
of gnu libc)

First issue is that __STDC_VERSION__ is C99 so -std=c99 is needed in
CFLAGS. Either add -std=c99 to CFLAGS in */Makefile.am or add an:

#if defined(__STDC_VERSION__) && ...

There are also a few unused variables and a const passed to g_strjoinv
that makes the -Werror fail.

The mixer application looks nice. Clearly an improvement.

And the panel plugin... I simply love the changes. Specially the key
bindings! I have really missed those. It was a bit confusing with the
reverse (turning volume up you need to move the slider down and
opposite for turning up).

I also noticed 2 small bugs in the panel plugin.

1) If you use the keybindings to lower the volume all the way til it
gets muted, then it will not get unmuted if you use the panel plugin
slider (left click on the plugin) to raise the volume again.

2) if you open the panel plugin slider, so its visible, then the
keybindings does not work.

I think none of those issues (including compiler -Werror issues) are
stoppers for merging it to master and making a 4.9.0 release.

Thanks alot for working on xfce4-mixer!

-nc

PS. I'll git send-email a patch for the -Werror stuff.