Display Dialog: Call for Testing

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Sat Oct 20 12:44:53 CEST 2012

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:21:48 -0400
Igor Slepchin <igor.slepchin at gmail.com> wrote:

> When running in "same as" configuration, the display identification
> seems to be somewhat broken. Here is the screenshot from the external
> monitor: http://i.imgur.com/BDKZT.png - note that two identification
> popups are present. The popup on the built-in laptop is correct but I
> can't seem to be able to take a screenshot of that :o
>
> Please let me know if you need any more information.

This is the expected behavior. "Same as" implies that the two displays show the _same_ information, both starting at 0x0. So it's similar to the mirror-mode, with the notable difference that the two displays don't share resolutions.
We considered adding a frame around the selected output, that would make things more clear I guess.

 - Simon

--

MMag. Simon Steinbeiß
Institut für Religionswissenschaft