Suggestion: Touchpad Options

Philipp Matthias Schäfer philipp.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:27:31 CET 2012

Dear everyone,

I just started using XFCE and have the following suggestions for the
settings dialog for touchpads (using synaptics drivers). As can be seen
in the current source and is explained at

http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/mouse#general

on the web page, the option "Disable touchpad while typing" sets up
syndaemon with '-i 2.0 -K -R'.

My two suggestions are as follows:

* Provide a slider for the number after -i. Two seconds is quite long
and I would really like to be able to change it.
* Having -K (see below for a man page quote) enabled defeats the purpose
of the option when using emacs. I do realise that for using certain
graphics programmes this option is really useful, an option letting me
choose would be really helpful.

I'd be glad to try my hands on a patch, if you approve of the idea.

Cheers,

Philipp

 From the syndaemon manpage

        -k     Ignore modifier keys when monitoring keyboard activity.

        -K     Like -k but also ignore Modifier+Key combos