About Gtk3/Gtk2 in 4.12

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Fri May 25 17:11:50 CEST 2012

On Fri, 25 May 2012 13:32:52 +0200
Natanael Copa <ncopa at alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> gnome-disk-utiltity, needed for GIO support in thunar is gtk3 only
> nowdays. Maybe someone should write a xfce-disk-utility (gtk2) with
> the minimal things needed to mount USB disks in thunar?

Not quite.  You need gvfs with EITHER gnome-disk-utility <= 3.2.x
(so gvfs builds the gdu volume monitor) OR udisks2 (so gvfs builds
the udisks2 volume monitor).  If you go with udisks2, there is no
need at all for gnome-disk-utility.

> Are there many/any of the dependencies that are gtk3 only? Might be
> nice to have a list of those some place.

Well, what I've got here is a hybrid mix - there are a few things
that you will need gtk+3 if you have a recent version of the thing
(e.g. libnotify).

-RW