About Gtk3/Gtk2 in 4.12

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:53:16 CEST 2012

2012/5/25 Natanael Copa <ncopa at alpinelinux.org>:
> Are the speed and resource issues reported upstream? (I think your
> findings might explain why ubuntu have been close to useless with 1MB
> ram latest releases)
I'd say that anything is useless with only 1 MB of RAM since the late
~1980s. ;-)

> gnome-disk-utiltity, needed for GIO support in thunar is gtk3 only
> nowdays. Maybe someone should write a xfce-disk-utility (gtk2) with the
> minimal things needed to mount USB disks in thunar?
How is gnome-disk-utility required  for GIO support to work ?

I don't have it in Xubuntu or Archlinux, only gvfs is required (and
gvfs requires policykit-1-gnome / polkit-gnome) and it works fine (USB
disks are auto-mounted, etc.).

thunar-volman is all I need if I want more mount options / automation.