Revive panel plugins HIG

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:38:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

i'd like to revive/finish the discussion about panel plugins HIG that
started here : http://wiki.xfce.org/de/panel-hig (i suppose de was
meant to be 'dev') and seems to have resulted in
https://wiki.xfce.org/dev/hig/panel-plugins, but apparently not all
information was merged here. I've added a section about the new
features/possibilities given by panel 4.10 here :
https://wiki.xfce.org/dev/hig/panel-plugins?&#panel_properties . That
chunk is to be discussed here on the ml, on the wiki or on irc..

Now there are so many configuration possibilities (size * mode *
nrows..), and so many different levels of maintained plugins that it
becomes a real mess to get a consistent look & behaviour between
various plugins. I've started revamping battery & diskperf plugin UI,
but if we manage to settle on something i'll happily modify the
plugins where i have write access so that they comply to some sort of
HIG.

Landry

Ps; this is not a 'please add your feature request here' mail.