[Xfce 4.12] Roadmap and Features

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:51:31 CEST 2012

Le 7 mai 2012 08:00, "Auke Kok" <auke at foo-projects.org> a écrit :

> On 05/06/2012 02:34 PM, Mark Trompell wrote:
>>
>> Am Sun, 6 May 2012 22:22:10 +0200
>> schrieb Natanael Copa<ncopa at alpinelinux.org>:

>>> Isn't consolekit dead upstream? killed by the systemd revolution...
>>

>> Some Ubuntu dev is said to take over maintenance because they need it.
>> It might get a new name though.
>

> Well, for those folks working with systemd, it's entirely dead weight.
So, please keep it entirely optional, and if possible, make it a compile
option so xfce4-session doesn't try to `sh -c ck-launch-session` for no
reason.  ;^)

Same thing can be said the other way round ;) systemd will _never_ work on
some systems, so we''ll have to keep it optional too. Probably making a
(mandatory ?) configure option selecting one of both (or none, since
there's the sudo fallback) would make sense.

Landry