[Xfce4-commits] <xfce4-settings:peter/circularscrolling> Changed scrolling mode for touchpads to a combobox.

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Fri May 4 11:20:36 CEST 2012

On 04/05/12 15:36, Peter de Ridder wrote:

> I heard you talk about this before. The combo box takes less space
> than radio buttons. With 3 buttons this was still ok, but with 4 it
> gotten to wide. They could be rearranged but Jannis suggested to use a
> combo box. It is also mode compatible with the wacom tab where the
> options were already in combo boxes.

Maybe that's because of my large screen but I don't find this tab big or
crowded.

> As you said a radio button might be more intuitive. Maybe it is good
> to have some guideline here for the xfce applications?

I find combo boxes a bit overused in Xfce - they are good for things
like a list of font sizes, browsing history etc. (many items with
predictable values).

I don't think the interface has to be very intuitive (intuitive to
whom?), but it should be discoverable. Whenever there is an nontrivial
choice to make it is IMHO better to see what the choices are.

> I have no strong feelings about this either. As long as it looks OK.

It looks good either way.

Regards,
Andrzej