Window picker plugin of xfwm4

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Wed Jul 25 12:43:04 CEST 2012

Am Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:00:02 +0200
schrieb xfce4-dev-request at xfce.org:

> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:26:39 +0800
> From: Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com>
> To: xfce4-dev at xfce.org
> Subject: Window picker plugin of xfwm4
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone working on a window picker plugin ?
>
> Like the one provided in Compiz or Present window in KDE4

I know of the internal panel plugin windowmenu [0] that displays a
clickable list of available windows, but it does not provide previews.

There are also both internally the tasklist plugin [1], and pager
plugin [2] with little window previews or at least their icons based on
libwnck as a workspace switcher.

Besides that, you could jump between the windows with the keys shortcut
ALT+TAB.

But I guess you are knowing all that due to asking on the dev list.
Maybe you can reuse some code from my suggestions. ;)

Best regards,
Raphael

[0] http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/tree/plugins/windowmenu
[1] http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/tree/plugins/tasklist