gvfs-fuse-daemon

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:51:32 CEST 2012

Hello list! I use Xfce for a long time on top of Nixos [1] Linux distro. One
thing about it - gvfs-fuse-daemon support is missing and I am trying to fix it
to make user's mounts accessible via ~/.gvfs dir.

My first attempt was to simply call gvfs-fuse-daemon from a session
startup script like that:

	mkdir ~/.gvfs
	gvfs-fuse-daemon ~/.gvfs -o allow_root

	exec /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc

It works, but has a major drawback - user caches 'Transport endpoint not
connected' after first relogin - looks like gvfs-fuse-daemon doesn't
exit correctly on logout.

Does anybody know how to integrate gvfs-fuse properly? Does xfce has some
plugin/addon responsible for that?

Thanks in advance, Sergey

[1] - http://nixos.org/nixos