Xfwm4-Tiling

Ernesto Acosta elavdeveloper at myopera.com
Thu Jan 12 04:04:34 CET 2012

Well, it's just an idea. I think the best thing would be if we had the option to enable that functionality or not. That is, the user who serve him, he can use it by default. If the user does not want this functionality, just the disabled.

It's like using Firefox. If you want something more, add an extension. If you get bored of the extension, disable. That's my idea about xfwm4-tiling.

But at least there is a user selectable option.

Cheers
Ernesto

El mié, 11 ene, 2012, a las 06:52 , Matthew Brush escribió:
> On 01/11/2012 06:37 PM, Ernesto Acosta wrote:
> > I understand. But not all use multiple monitors. At least there may be an option. Something like checking and unchecking an option in the preferences of xfwm. Thus, those who use multiple monitors, we can have this functionality if we want.
> >

> It's not even the multi-monitor part that bothers me, it's the fact that
> when I place a window at the edge of the screen, something I do very
> frequently, instead of snapping the window to the corner/edge, it takes
> the whole window hostage and maximizes along the corner, edge, or the
> entirely of the screen.
>
> You can imagine how frustrating this can be when the window is a (what's
> supposed to be) 80x25 terminal or video player window, or even if you
> just want to stack multiple windows along the edge of the screen. The
> annoyingness is compounded if using a trackpad since the reduced
> accuracy makes it hard to get near the edge without activating the
> "software knows best" magic.
>
> Anyway, I was just pointing out how insanely annoying at least one
> person finds this behaviour :)  If it can be easily disabled, it's not
> even an issue.
>
> > I apologize for my english
> >

> Pfft, it's better than mine and I'm a native English speaker :)
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush

> >> This behaviour drives me bananas in Win7 and GNOME3 and also doesn't
> >> really work well with multiple monitors (at least in those
> >> implementations).
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Matthew Brush

  Saludos: Ernesto Acosta