Mousepad - Update master branch with new code

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Sat Feb 18 11:00:44 CET 2012

Hi,

We should merge `matt/gtksourceview` into `master` of Mousepad
repository, which would bring in Nick's complete (and awesome) re-write
of Mousepad (which lives in the `nick_0_3` branch). For anyone not
following, Nick (and others?) completely re-wrote Mousepad from scratch
keeping only the general concept (small/fast) and making it into
something quite current, maintainable and feature-full. Then I took
Nick's re-write and tweaked it to use a GtkSourceView widget instead of
a plain GtkTextView widget. Not only did this remove a bunch of code
which the GtkSourceView widget now takes care of (line numbers, undo,
and some other stuff) but it also allows pretty sweet syntax
highlighting for code files (same as Gedit pretty much).

I think at least a handful of people have been testing it with good
results so it's probably pretty safe to merge it. It would be best if
someone could review the Autotools changes since I'm not very familiar
with the Xfce-specific parts of this. I guess it would get even
more/better testing if the re-write was in the `master` branch.

IIRC, the TODO list includes:
   - Better encoding support
   - Port to use GIO opening/saving
   - anything else?

Any thoughts/opinions/reviews/objections/comments?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush