Remove shortcut editor / toolbar from terminal?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Thu Dec 20 11:17:09 CET 2012

On jeu., 2012-12-20 at 10:56 +0100, Nick Schermer wrote:
> Guys,
>
> There is a shortcuts editor in the terminal preferences, but it also
> supports editing those using the menu (editable menu accelerators). What
> about removing this tab from the dialog? There is some custom filtering
> code that in some cases collides with that in Gtk.

Speaking for me only, I do use that tab, what I usually do is tick the
two checkboxes to disable menu access keys and shortcut keys (especially
since I already use F10 for the 10th window in irssi :). I also disable
the F1 shortcut for the help.

If I can do this through the menu, I guess I'm fine with the removal,
but some people might use it more than that.

> Secondly the toolbar. If we drop this the complete dependency on exo
> can be removed. I have no idea if a lot of people actually use the
> toolbar... The dep is created by the menu editor, so leaving the toolbar
> is a possibility but than without editing capabilities. No strong
> opinion here.

I never use the toolbar, not sure how much people actually know there's
one.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis