Decoupling gnome-keyring initialization from GNOME compatibility mode

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Wed Sep 28 13:47:17 CEST 2011

* Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org> [2011-09-28 08:39]:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 05:58, Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:
> > * Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org> [2011-09-27 01:43]:

> Unless gnome-keyring also includes an OnlyShowIn=GNOME; key, simply
> adding the support for autostart-phase and the dbus APIs should be
> enough to get it working properly.  If it does have an OnlyShowIn,
> we'd need a whitelist of stuff to run, ignoring the OnlyShowIn.  Not
> ideal, but perhaps we could upstream a .desktop file that includes
> Xfce in the OnlyShowIn.

Hmm, are you aware that GNOME compatibility mode in xfce4-session
currently unconditionally starts all desktop files which have
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;? It thus starts services which may be unwanted
and even clash with Xfce such as gnome-settings-daemon or
gnome-power-manager and there is no UI allowing users to
selectively disable some of them. This is the main problem I'd
like to deal with ASAP, that is I'm willing to implement a fix
though I'm not sure yet what it should look like.
--
Guido Berhoerster