Power management in Xfce 4.10

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:04:13 CET 2011

On Sun 30 Oct 2011 02:59:34 AM JST, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> Neither suspend nor hibernate terminate the session, so there is no
> need to save it.

Thanks Jannis. I think I'm getting the point now. BTW, I just realized
that there's another function that doesn't really fit power manager -
Logout.

One alternative would be to implement "save session" in the session
manager and move the (actual) shutdown and restart code to the power
manager (this would require the user code to call both the session and
power manager to e.g. save the session and shutdown the machine). I
believe this would be a "cleaner" design, but then, the Nick's proposal
has a big practical advantage of not requiring power manager with all
its dependencies for shutdown and restart.

Andrzej