Power management in Xfce 4.10

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:52:55 CEST 2011

On 10/29/2011 10:15 PM, Nick Schermer wrote:

> The initial idea was to move everything to xfce4-power-manager and let
> xfce4-session make calls over d-bus, however not such a good idea.

Why not? This sounds like a nice and clean design. Splitting a set of
rather closely related interfaces across two services seems less
coherent in comparison (two services to talk to, with possible overlap
of functionality and implementation). I'm just curious - I know
absolutely nothing about the problem.

BTW, while we are at power management, are there any chance of pushing a
fix for the bug 7999? The patch in the bug report fixes (or masks?) the
crash (I tested it on Ubuntu 11.10). The bug is rather disturbing (it
breaks power management in XFCE) and the timing couldn't be worse - I
imagine there are now many people trying Xfce because of the mess in
other DEs.

Andrzej