Please help develop appmenu-indicator plugin

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Sun Oct 16 20:54:54 CEST 2011

Am Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:08:54 +0800
schrieb Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,

> Today i decided to make appmenu available for XFCE desktop , since
> there's already one indicator plugin called "xfce4-indicator-plugin" ,
> so I started by modifying its source code , this application load *.so
> modules in a specific directory , and i substituted this with a single
> one , named "libappmenu.so"

In general appmenus should work with xfce4-indicator-plugin already,
though I can't test that right now. If it doesn't it would be better
IMHO to fix the indicator plugin. It's with the latest git already
possible to blacklist modules. Maybe we could add whitelisting on a per
instance base, so one could add several indicator-plugins, each with
different indicators enabled. It would need a gui for the settings then.
Don't have time to look at the rest right now. Will try later

> Thanks !

Mark