GTK+ 3

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Oct 16 12:50:11 CEST 2011

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 18:04:47 -0500
Jon Sturm <jonimoose at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the greatest features added in 4.8 is the ability to set the
> default file manager. You want thunar with tabs, use pcmanfm which is
> basically what it is. I tried it and found the tabs aren't that
> useful IMO but xfce does give you the option to use something else.
> If xfce didn't have the use another file manager option I'd say the
> tabs would be worth it but the option is there and pcmanfm seems to
> fit the bill perfectly.

Note that this does not work with xfdesktop, which relies on the D-Bus
interface provided by Thunar and cannot be configured to open a
different file manager instead.

In the future, we're planning to move the desktop feature into the file
manager in the form of an extension that can be replaced with
alternative views (e.g. desklets or statistics about your machine).

  - Jannis