GTK+ 3

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:49:30 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa at alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:58:54 +0530
> "dE ." <de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Even if tabs are implemented, what harm will it pose on users not in
>> favor of using tabs? Those who'll use will use it, those who won't,
>> won't use it.
>
> More (unused) code = bloat = needs more memory = things gets slower.
>
> If it could be implemented as a plugin it wouldn't make any
> "harm" (except consuming developer and support time)

Not true. Plugins need a backing framework that is almost always
slower then a native implementation. So a plugins are only useful if
it is used > 1 extension in that 'area'. Unused code is not expensive
compared to the code path you need for options or plugins.

Tabs don't work with modal dialog too, something we use in thunar for
accessibility reasons.

Nick