Deskbar panel mode

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:30:16 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Andrzej <ndrwrdck at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The xfce panel with the deskbar mode (and multi-row layout) is now fairly
> functional (I'm using it in my daily work) and ready for testing.
>
> So far I'm sticking to the original design with 3 new properties:
> - nrows (guint=1) in the panel
> - deskbar-mode (gboolean=FALSE) in the panel
> - small (gboolean=FALSE) in the plugin base class.
>
> I know there are some objections to the last one, I'm ready and willing to
> add some changes once we have a good alternative. So far, the "small"
> property did a rather good job so I'd be most happy keeping it in the code
> as is.

Yup.

> There are also many plugin changes to discuss on the case by case basis.
> It'd be extremely useful if you could please get the code and try it for a
> while.
>
> The code is at git://github.com/andrzej-r/xfce4-panel.git

I'm going to try to review the code this week (was busy with server
stuff and power management last week). When the git server is running
again, I'll also make you a git account so you can push you changes in
the Xfce git branches directly (not master, but a branch, but makes it
easier to merge things).

You work will probably also tough xfwm4 and xfce4-settings in the end,
then you can make branches for your work there too.

Nick