Moving git to other server.

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:49:26 CET 2011

Folks,

Git repos are back online. However some things changed so read carefully:

There is a new push location for developers. The old GIT accounts are
not working anymore:

DON'T TRY IT BECAUSE AFTER 4 FAILED LOGINS YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR 1 HOUR!!!

So what you need to do is this:

Go to the release manager: https://releases.xfce.org
- recover your password, most commiters received an email about this,
if not, contact me.
- Make sure you also upload your ssh keys.
- Check your permissions, if something is missing, let me know.

Now wait for at least 15 MINUTES; let cron do it's job.

Now you can check your permissions and see if everything succeeded.
Run "ssh git at git.xfce.org" in a terminal. If it works it should list
your permissions.

Another change is the new push location: something like:
ssh://git@git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar. Check the module page on
git.xfce.org for the one you seek.
You can set this new url with the following command: "git remote
set-url origin ssh://git@git.xfce.org/XXX/XXX" or edit .git/config.

The release manager is the single place you can handle everything: ssh
keys and the cgit data previously hold in module.xml (yes you can drop
that file). Git shell access it not there anymore, I've limited ssh
access on mocha to only a small bunch of users.

That's it mostly... if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Nick