Text orientation in vertical panels

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Tue Nov 22 12:08:16 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 02:13:03 +0900
Andrzej <ndrwrdck at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This is how it (and the deskbar) would look like:
>
> https://github.com/andrzej-r/xfce4-panel/wiki/Rotated-vertical-panel
>
> IMHO, it looks much more consistent and readable than the current
> vertical panel but the look is quite different. I can imagine some users
> may not like having the "beginning" of the panel at the bottom and the
> "end" at the top.
>
> If you like it, I'll continue working on this. Otherwise - I'll just
> leave the vertical mode as it was before I started. My primary goal is
> the deskbar mode (I'm not planning to use the "normal" vertical mode
> anyway).
>
> Andrzej

Personally I think that if you rotate the panel to vertical mode it might make sense to have the text orientated as in your screenshot when it's at the left screen-edge and top-down when on the right screen-edge.
If that seems a bit too much just for text-orientation I'd rather go with your text-orientation than with the current one (maybe because my panel rather tends to be on the left screen-edge than on the right :) ).

Just my 2cents,
Simon