Building and Installing Xfce 4.10

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov baurthefirst at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:45:47 CET 2011

There is full instruction at http://www.xfce.org/download/building
Consider putting Xfce4 packages to /opt/xfce4 to not to mess with
your existing system.
export your PREFIX to /opt/xfce4, then go to every package's
directory as listed by build order,
configure it by running ./autogen.sh with parameters
then run make and make install.

Or, if you have enough computing resources to set up a virtual machine,
it'll be more safer to build Xfce4 in a clean environment.