Removal of the location button

Florian Rivoal frivoal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:34:45 CET 2011

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 00:39:56 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>
wrote:

> I'm considering to drop the button right next to the location entry in
> Thunar. Here's a screenshot with this button highlighted in red:
>
>   http://mocha.xfce.org/~jannis/screenshots/xfce/thunar-location-button-20111107.png
>
> [...]
> So, what are your opinions?

In this particular case, I wouldn't miss this button. I never noticed it
until you asked, and now that I have, I don't think I'd ever want to use
it.

In general though, we should be careful about removing things for the sake
of
simplicity. Well, done, it can be a good thing, but abusing it is what
makes people hate gnome. I wouldn't want to go in that direction.

  - Florian