Removal of the location button

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Nov 7 17:31:57 CET 2011

Am 07.11.2011 17:03, schrieb Jannis Pohlmann:
> On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:31:45 +0100
> Harald Judt<h.judt at gmx.at>  wrote:
>
>> This is not about painting pictures, nor adding features without
>> reason, and artistry will not make thunar a practical filemanager.
>> Although the button was there all the time, it did not cause any harm
>> and just went unnoticed by many users. Those that used it had a
>> reason to do so. If I understood it correctly, the discussion is
>> about trying to find a valid reason for the existence of the button,
>> i.e. whether it is still used by someone, instead of dumping it
>> altogether. I don't understand why you couldn't propose changes to
>> replace its function with something more useful?
>
> Let's not start fundamental debates please.

Never intended to, but I found it better to clarify things.

>> Why fear changes when they could improve the product, as long as they
>> are still within the concept? Why do you think the ideas of other
>> users are not important or could bring along improvements? If Jannis
>> had thought it not important, why would he have asked in the first
>> place?
>
> Let's call it politeness. ;)

Pretending politeness without being sincere would nullify the intentions
of being polite. At least that's what commonsense tells me politeness is
about. That said, I'm trying very much to believe you being sincere.

> But of course, the intention also was to get a better understanding of
> the ideas you people have.

Ok, that's very nice to hear. It would be a great thing if this turns
into something useful.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'