Removal of the location button

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Nov 7 13:11:41 CET 2011

Am 07.11.2011 12:50, schrieb Matt x:
> On 11/07/2011 06:08 AM, Harald Judt wrote:
>> However, instead of the removal you could also move the reload button
>> there so that it looks like it is part of the location bar, like it is
>> done in Mozilla Firefox.
>
> Please no. Or at least allow it to be moved back by the user. I don't
> like having to move my mouse clear to the other side of the address bar
> in Firefox for stop and reload, so I've moved them back to where they
> "should" go.
> -Matt

That's a valid point, I didn't think about this. Usually I just hit
<ctrl>-<r> to perform a reload. The real problem of course is that you
have to use it at all. In my opinion, it should not be necessary to
reload a location.

What's more, sometimes reloading does not even work. I experienced this
using network shares (CIFS mounts). Only closing and opening thunar
helps here, looks like thunar caches the file size somehow, and the
cache is not invalidated when reloading. Unfortunately, I couldn't find
out how to reproduce this.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'