Power management in Xfce 4.10

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:47:07 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 15:15:43 +0200
> Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anybody opinions about this?
>
> The separation of actions related to power management and actions
> related to session management makes sense. Maybe some of the D-Bus
> methods should also take a startup ID in case they involve user
> interaction (e.g. like Logout with confirmation does). But that's my
> only remark, I guess.

For now there is no user action involved, only the logout dialog,
which is a fullscreen window (fadeout), so no timestamp required.

I've started to work on this. The power management, consolekit and
logout dialog will be separated. Suspend/Hibernate/upower and hal will
be removed; and only poke Xfpm.

When that is complete I'll start the Xfpm part; hopefully Ali will
respond before that. Optionally we can keep the shutdown/reboot code
in Xfpm, but it tries xfce4-session first (for cleaner session
termination). Not a lot of code involved for consolkit communication,
so I think I'll keep that.

Nick