Patch for "Open Terminal Here" keyboard shortcut

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Nov 7 03:34:49 CET 2011

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 02:12:35 +0100
Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> What we could do, however, is to make custom actions like "Open in
> terminal" appear in the "File" menu of the window. Right now, the
> "File" menu is very basic, but all items that show up there can
> automatically be assigned custom shortcuts.

I've pushed this to the jannis/file-menu-custom-actions branch:

  http://git.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/commit/?h=jannis/file-menu-custom-actions&id=36dea6078ac20c1285342ff1d7d09a212e183f5b

The keyboard shortcut part of this change turns out to be more
complicated than I first thought. It's working but as soon as the
order of menu items provided by plugins changes, shortcuts may be
switched (e.g. F4 assigned to "open in terminal" may suddenly be
assigned to "open in ristretto"). I'll see if I can find a way to fix
that.

  - Jannis