please help me implement Unity like features , undecorate window when maximized

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:31:14 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>        I wanted to hide window borders when it's maximized , so i
>        downloaded xfwm4's source , and figured out my first station
>        should be client.c
>
>        void clientToggleMaximized ()
>
>        But when i try to use gtk_window_set_decorated () to remove borders
>        I got confused about which GtkWidget is should use ?
>
> //// in clientToggleMaximized:
>        if ( restore_position )
>        {
>                gtk_window_set_decorated ( ?? , FALSE );
>        }
>        else
>        {
>                gtk_window_set_decorated ( ?? , TRUE );
>        }
> ////
>
>        I'll really appreciate it if any developers could tell a bit about
>        the structure of XFWM4 , which saves my time ..

That's really not the way to do it, and this denotes some confusion
about the role of the window manager.

If you want a quick a dirty solution, use "maximus" (also from
Ubuntu), otherwise you'll have to change the window manager code
appropriately (but not by trying to use gtk apps functions like that,
this is for the applications, not the window manager).

HTH,
Olivier.