WebKit thumbnailer

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Thu May 26 23:10:25 CEST 2011

On 26/05/11 16:08, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Jerome, I just tested your WebKit thumbnailer plugin and it works for
> me. I adjusted the coding style a tiny bit and made the thumbnails be
> generated from based on a 1024x1024 frame instead of 1024x600 (since
> thumbnails are more or less supposed to have quadratic dimensions).
>
> I rebased it on master and pushed it to jeromeg/webkit-thumbnailer
> instead of webkit-thumbnailer.
>
> Anything else that needs to be done except maybe add a few comments
> here and there?
>
> Cheers,
> Jannis

Hello,

I can add more code comments, that's not an issue. I'll work on this
this weekend, I'll have some time.

Re further work, the only thing I could think of is freeing some memory
by blanking the page loaded in the Webkit view in an idle callback (when
the thumbnailer plugin is not used for a while).

I don't really know if it's worth the trouble, I doubt the gain will be
noticeable.

Let me know what you think about this.

Cheers,

Jérôme